The Palmetto Peloton Project exists to promote the advancement of cancer research and advocacy efforts locally, regionally and nationally through fund-raising fitness events.
Facts about P3 events:
* P3 events are family oriented
* P3 hosts annual fund-raising events
* P3 events offer a challenge to all levels of abilities
* P3 events offer the community a way to make a real difference
* P3 events are recreational – Not races.
* P3′s “Stars and Stripes Challenge” provides a unique ride atmosphere held in conjunction with the Greenville Hospital System USA PROFESSIONAL CYCLING CHAMPIONSHIPS
* P3 provides great incentives for participants to encourage fund-raising
* P3′s newest event, “Challenge to Conquer Cancer” is a unique relay ride from Greenville, SC to Austin, TX.
Facts about the P3 organization:
* Through support from local businesses, and local and national cyclists, the Palmetto Peloton Project has raised over $400,000 for cancer research and advocacy since its inception in 2005.
* In 2007, The Palmetto Peloton Project presented a check for $86,000 to the Oncology Research Institute of the Greenville Hospital System and the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
* In 2008 the Peloton Project exceeded its goal to raise over $150,000 with the Stars and Stripes Challenge and the Challenge to Conquer Cancer and presented a check for $175,000.
* In 2009, the goal of the P3 Project is to raise over $200,000 with the Stars and Stripes Challenge, and the Challenge to Conquer Cancer. P3 is honored to support local cancer research by once again contributing a majority of the fund-raising efforts to the Greenville Hospital System Oncology Research Institute.
Join the Palmetto Peloton Project as a sponsor to help raise funds for the Greenville Hospital System Oncology Research Institute and the Lance Armstrong Foundation.